Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

August 25, 2009

Swing time

Today Daphney and I did not do a single productive thing. It was great. I did a yoga video and walked in the morning, the rest of the day was spent piddling. We went to Wal-Mart, Target, and Babies-R-Us to cashed in on all the summer clearance toys. I bought 6 inflatable pools all for $5 and $10. I know, sounds excessive, but those things have a pretty short lifespan. We also got some beach balls, bubble blowing 'things', and lastly.... A SWING!

After buying $70 worth of metal chain for my $13 swing, I spent the afternoon trying to hoist the 19ft long chains over a tree branch only to acquire several cuts on my legs and about 100 mosquito bites. When Donald got home he was able to complete my 'swing hanging'. Daphney got in a quick evening swing ride before the mosquitoes chanced us (i.e. ME) inside. She had an absolute blast, showing off her trade mark ear to ear grin!







2 comments:

  1. yea! i knew she would love her swing!! thank you soo much for those pictures! they will make me smile all day and show the pictures to everybody. I miss you all sooo much and love you all so much!Daphney has a great mom and dad who obviously have so much fun with her. love you all, donna

    ReplyDelete